Treat your kids to an active day out on the water, all under the care and supervision of our Tumalo Creek guides.
Let us guide your youth for the day and introduce them to the fun of kayaking in Central Oregon. We'll provide your kids with the opportunity to hang out with other youth, work together, learn from a pro, and have a blast practicing new skills. We teach through play and have plenty of fun activities aimed at reinforcing paddling skills and teamwork . 9am-4pm
Tumalo Creek Provides
- Transportation from Bend
- Packable lunch
- High energy snacks
- Water, and more water
- Water appropriate shoes (no flip flops)
- Sunglasses with retainer
- Sunscreen and bug protection
- Towel and change of clothes
- Quick-drying clothes (no cotton)
Gear required for this trip is available for purchase at our shop.
Tumalo Creek 805 SW Industrial Way, Suite 6 Bend, OR 97702
+ CANCELLATION POLICY
Tumalo Creek Programs Cancellation Policies
Youth Camps: 14 days prior to departure date required for cancellations or date changes. No Shows, cancellations or date changes for any reason inside the 14 day period will be subject to forfeiture of all fees.
Tumalo Creek (TC) Initiated Cancellation Disclaimer: Applies to all one day lessons, trips, tours, multi-day trips, camps and special events. TC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule one day lessons, trips, tours, multi-day trips, camps and special events within 24 hours of scheduled date. Circumstances include but are not limited to; low enrollment, weather (ex. thunderstorms/lightning), natural disasters (ex. forest fires) and events or circumstances beyond TC’s control.
+ OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
Youth Paddle Day Camp - Kayak
Welcome and Congratulations on choosing Tumalo Creek’s Paddle Day Camp for your child’s summer activity! Below is a tentative camp outline with information and tips you will find useful in preparing your child for camp.
Things we need from you before camp start date:
• Completed and signed medical form, that includes emergency contact information and a brief medical history for your child.
• Completed and signed TCKC Liability Release
Tumalo Creek Kayak and Canoe
805 SW Industrial Way, Suite 6, Bend, OR
(Just downriver from the Old Mill Shopping Center, next to the Colorado Street bridge).
9:00 am (Please plan on arriving 10-15 minutes early if you have not completed paperwork)
What To Bring:
• Backpack w/ extra clothing
• Swimsuit or other quick drying cloths (no cotton)*
• Sun Shirt (rash guards work great!)*
• Durable water shoe or sandal (a hike or two my happen)
• Bug spray (optional)
• Fleece top and rain shell for cooler temps. (synthetic material)
• Sunglasses w/retainer strap
• Enough water for the day. (2L or two Nalgene bottles is usually enough)
• Lots of healthy high energy snacks
• Packable lunch
* Kids will be most comfortable if they wear quick drying “surfing” type clothes like board shorts and a rash guard. A synthetic bathing suit and a t-shirt also works just fine. Please do not send your youth in cotton clothing to camp.
Sample Camp Itinerary
9:50am - Drop off at Tumalo Creek
10:00am - Camp introductions
10:10am - Depart Tumalo Creek to Elk Lake
10:45am - Arrive at Elk Lake and stage on the beach
11:00am - Safety briefing and on water paddle instruction/activities
12:00pm - Lunch
12:30pm - Reinforcing paddle activities/games
2:45pm - Load paddle equipment and change into dry cloths if needed
3:10pm - Depart Elk Lake
4pm - Pick up at Tumalo Creek
* These itinerary may be modified or cancelled due to weather/safety concerns (thunderstorms frequently occur during the summer months).
Tumalo Creek Contact Info:
Topher Robertson; Programs Director - 541 317-9407 - [email protected]
Sue Fox; Group Sales Manager - 541 317-9407 - [email protected]
+ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How big are the camps?
Our kids camps have a 6 to 1 ratio for kids and instructors with a maximum occupancy of 12 kids per camp.
Are lunches included?
We do not provide lunches for our kids camps. Please pack your child their lunch and enough snacks to get them through the day.
What should my kid wear?
Please pay attention to the weather and make sure your child is wearing the appropriate clothing to be comfortable for the entire day. Plan for cooler mornings and warmer afternoons. There is also a strong likelihood that your child will go swimming swimwear, sun protection, sunglasses and water shoes that can not accidentally fall off should also be considered.
Is my kid old enough?
Our kids adventure camp is designed for 8-15 year olds where our whitewater camps are for children 10-16.